BEAM Connect: Tokyo - 7 Days Business Visit (Winter 2016)
==== REGISTRATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED =======
* Only Limited to 3 startups / teams from Malaysia & Singapore *
* Registration Deadline is 22nd November, 2016 *
* Detailed information on: http://beam.biz/tokyo page *
BEAM Connect: Tokyo is a 7 Day 6 Nights Business Visit that provides a great opportunity for individuals who wish to gain exposure and understanding of the Japanese market to prepare for current/future business expansion.
The BEAM team will bring a small focus group of founders/aspiring entrepreneurs to Tokyo (Japan) to meet incredible startups, investors, incubators, co-working spaces, locals, and many other people who can bring value to your current/future business, and provide assistance to overcoming barriers of entering the market (ie: language barriers, culture, etc.). It will be incredibly fun and fruitful, plus you'll build many good connections.
This is a perfect opportunity to:
- Meet many many awesome people building incredible businesses/startups from Tokyo and across the world.
- Get connected and spend quality time with investors and venture capitalists from Tokyo. Some of them include: CyberAgent Ventures, Incubate Fund, and more.
- Get connected and spend quality time with business leaders running large companies/public listed corporations in Japan. These include companies from broadcasting, media, software, and more.
- Visit many key business attractions in Tokyo (working spaces, incubators, investor offices) and get connected with their local communities.
- Network with many of the locals, expats, and incredible people who are living and working in Japan and gain a deeper understanding about their way of life, culture, and opportunities available there.
- Form potential cross-border collaborations and partnerships with established and aspiring entrepreneurs in Tokyo.
- Immerse yourself and live in a world of a completely different culture, language, and environment. Experience what the locals experience.
- Take a break from your hectic routine and just have a great time with a bunch of other like-minded people.
- Individuals must be over the age of 18 and under 40.
- Individuals must speak English.
- Individuals must currently residing in Malaysia or Singapore. You do NOT need to be a PR/Citizen to participate in this.
- Individuals must NOT own or operate a business in Japan.
- Individuals must NOT hold a working position in Japan.
- Individuals must NOT be blacklisted from leaving the country or entering Japan.
- You will need to provide the following information to us upon confirmation of payment:
- Name, Email, and Contact Number.
- IC and Passport details for flight bookings.
- A representative from the BEAM team will be in touch with you within 2 working days from the date of payment confirmation to request for your travel particulars. We recommend registering early to ease the planning process.
- All prices listed are in Singaporean Dollars (SGD)
- The price displayed is for a team of 2 people.
- Payments include flights, accommodation, and train passes in Tokyo (loaded with $20 of credit). Daily spending budgets are NOT included. We recommend budgeting approximately $80 - $100/day for food and additional transportation costs
- Payments can be made via registering on this page OR via regular bank wire. Please contact us should you prefer doing a bank wire instead.
- You will be flying on 29th November 2016 and returning on the 5th of December 2016 (7 days, 6 nights stay)
- All activities will only be held in Tokyo
- Each team will be allocated a twin sharing room at the place of residence.
- Teams from Singapore will be required to fly into Malaysia for transit flights to Japan. Transit flight tickets are included in the package.
- The BEAM team will be present to pick you up from the airport in Tokyo.
- As you will be traveling during the winter season, please prepare sufficient winter clothing for the stay. Temperature averages between 4-8 Celsius.
- We recommend bringing your business cards.
- More information on entry/visa requirements can be found here:
- All activities are OPTIONAL. You can choose to roam freely or join the team for all the sessions.
- Most of the activities will be held during the late morning to evening.
- Most of the activities will be focused around:
- Attending events
- Networking & meeting people (Entrepreneurs, Investors, working professionals)
- Visiting Investor Offices, Incubators, working spaces.
- Touring & Eating
- Be prepared to walk quite a fair bit!
- Transportation costs from your place of residence to the airport (and vice versa) are not included. Transportation costs within Japan however, are included. Each member of the team will receive a train pass with $20 of credit loaded in them.
- Sim cards (Call and data costs) are not covered in this trip.
- We do not guarantee investments or partnerships will be made with/in your company/startup.
- Choices of meals at the events will be mainly Japanese food.
- Events, networking sessions, and the connections BEAM introduces to you will be conducted in English. However, most locals in Japan will speak mainly Japanese.
Terms and Conditions:
- You automatically agree to the terms listed below upon confirmation & registration.
- BEAM PTE LTD will not be held liable for any damages incurred throughout the duration of the stay.
- No refunds or transfers are allowed upon confirmation of payment.
[ Tue ] - [ Mon ]
6:00 PM - 6:10 AM SGT
- Tokyo, Japan
- Venue Address
- Japan Singapore